Thursday, January 29, 2009

I've joined the ranks!

Well I've been convinced to start blogging. I had a hell of a time choosing a name for myself and my blog, I decided to use my etsy name since i seem to be consumed by the need to create in clay!

Part of me feels like I've turned my back on so many projects, I had been doing a webcomic (slightlycracked.comicgenesis.com) then school started back in september and with all the work it slipped out of my focus. Now that I've graduated and have time to draw I just can't seem to get my butt back over there. Instead I'm firmly planted in the clay seat!



I'm so proud of my etsy shop (theclaymuse.etsy.com) I've made actual sales.. to actual people.. (and my Aunt Steph, who just so happens to be awesome!) I completed my first Alchemy project today!

Photobucket

Stupid shakey hands! and I have no idea why the color came out so orange-ish, they are this bright cherry red color.. I keep thinking like an old corvette! I wonder if it's because I took them in the sunlight or if there is something funny with the settings on my camera.



Oh and I actually posted in the etsy forums today asking for a little advice on what to do with my pendants that I've been making. Like these (again today with the shaky hands/blurry photos.. you can't even see the detail in the Ahnk)
PhotobucketI think I came up with a good solution, listing them alone, but with an option to buy a chain/cord to go with it.

I had more to say, but I should go do some dishes....
Reminder to self, check out the Thursday Sweet Treats blog tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! The name is the hardest part isn't it LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks J. Leigh! Sure felt like it at the time!

    ReplyDelete