Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Person of Interest: Karen of ScrappinCorner

Name, rank & serial number? Aka who are you, what is it you do, where can we find you on the web?
My name is Karen. I am a SAHM with 3 children, ages 15, 12, and 7. I make cards all day when they are gone at school! I love to scrapbook as well, but haven't done that for a while. You can find me here:
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/scrappincorner
www.scrappincorner.etsy.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/scrappincorner/


If you check out Karen's blog you can see the tutorial on how to make these cards! Among many other great things to be found there.

Have you always been crafty/artsy? What made you decide to start your shop?
I started being crafty about 16 years ago, right after I got married. I started with tole painting, then when scrap booking after the kids came. That eventually turned into making cards too.



What's your favorite project you've ever worked on?
Probably a scrapbook for my parents 50 anniversary. I love vintage photos and using vintage scrapbook stuff!


Just how cool are these?

What would you consider your biggest success?
Having my 3 children! Also being married for almost 17 years.

Have you ever had a project disaster turn into something beautiful?
I have fixed some disasters, and they have turned out ok, and usually I can make them look good!

Any current/upcoming projects that your excited about working on?
15 cards for my Father-in-law for Father's day. I better get started on those....


To be fair to Karen she answered these questions a few weeks ago

Is there any tidbit of wisdom you'd like to share with us?
Staple a piece of ribbon on a tag instead of tying it on!

I'm interested to see how others may respond to the random profile question I got from blogger: Your bow is not broken but you've run out of arrows. How can you fake being a bard?

I don't get it!

And she's not the only one, blogger random question generator, you're one tricky s.o.b.!

Thanks Karen for sharing your passion with us!

(If you are interested in being a Person of Interest drop me a line majikalfae(at)yahoo(dot)com with a few links and a bit about yourself!)

1 comment: